zondag 4 januari 2015

Wrap Up: 2014

Hi

I read a total of 20449 pages or 51 books in the last 7 months of 2014, not counting the ones I didn’t finish.
I’m very surprised. Seeing it like this for the first time is such a wonderful feeling. I feel like I accomplished something.
I guess I really love reading. :)

I ended the year with 4021 views on my blog and 86 likes on my Facebook page.

Here are all the books I read these last 7 months with a link to the review.

-    Eduardo Mendoza: The City of Marvels
-    Sándor Márai: The Rebels
-    Oscar Wilde: The Picture of Dorian Gray
-    Julian Barnes: Levels of Life
-    Neil Gaiman: Neverwhere
-    Terry Pratchett: The Truth
-    Alan Bennett: The Uncommon Reader
-    Sarah Waters: The Little Stranger
-    Andrew Miller: Pure
-    Patrick Rothfuss: The Name of The Wind
-    Kazuo Ishiguro: When We Were Orphans
-    Robin Hobb: Forest Mage
-    Mitch Albom: The Time Keeper
-    John Irving: Setting Free the Bears
-    Erin Morgenstern: The Night Circus
-    Hugh Howey: Wool
-    Jeffrey Eugenides: The Marriage Plot
-    Terry Pratchett: Thief of Time
-    George R. R. Martin: A Game of Thrones
-    Erika Mailman: The Witch’s Trinity
-    H. G. Wells: The Island of Doctor Moreau
-    Agatha Christie: Murder on the Orient Express
-    Rachel Joyce: Perfect
-    Paul Hoffman: The Left Hand of God
-    Terry Pratchett: The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
-    Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games
-    Suzanne Collins: Catching Fire
-    Suzanne Collins: Mockingjay
-    Veronica Roth: Divergent
-    Brandon Sanderson: The Final Empire
-    Sue Townsend: The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year
-    Hugh Howey: Shift
-    Paulo Coelho: Brida
-    Gillian Flynn: Gone Girl
-    Terry Pratchett: Night Watch
-    F. Scott Fitzgerald: The Great Gatsby
-    C. J. Sansom: Dark Fire
-    Arnon Grunberg: Tirza
-    Neil Gaiman: American Gods
-    Yoko Ogawa: The Diving Pool
-    Khaled Hosseini: And the Mountains Echoed
-    Haruki Murakami: Kafka on the Shore
-    Ray Bradbury: Fahrenheit 451
-    Ernest Hemingway: The Old Man and the Sea
-    Agathe Christie: The ABC Murders
-    Patrick Rothfuss: The Wise Man’s Fear
-    Terry Pratchett: Nanny Ogg’s Cookbook
-    George Mastras: Fidali’s Way
-    Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol
-    John Boyne: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
-    Kurt Vonnegut: Slaughterhouse Five

Starting this blog was a big yet great step.

I love writing these reviews. I love how books stay much more with me. I love seeing comments on Facebook about how others liked that novel. I love seeing the views going up. I love researching and reading about books. I love talking about my blog. I love recommending books to others. I love having my own space to talk about something I love. I love making this blog my own and doing it my way. I love being recommended books by others.
So much to love about Embracing My Books.

Thank you all for this.

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten