vrijdag 28 augustus 2015

Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter: The Long Mars

Hi

This review is about the third novel in The Long Earth series by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter.
The novel has 437 pages and I got it from The Book Depository.

                * NO SPOILERS (sweetie) *

I loved this part in the series so much more than the second book!

First of all; what a beautiful cover. That’s not the most important part, I know, but still.

There are only three major plotlines and that is a huge improvement. I still would have liked more details because a lot of days on their respective journeys are skipped, but hey, that’s a ‘complaint’ you’ll hear a lot from me.

This one was really amazing. The discoveries, the new species they meet, Mars and its stepworlds, fascinating ideas about evolution, captivating journeys and very interesting new people (I liked that a lot).

And even though I don’t particularly like Sally and her father, I did enjoy their storyline. Unlikable but realistic people make great stories.

This novel has more suspense and action than the ones before too.
And it has a purpose; it’s not aimless like the second part in the series.

The writing style is the same, still as engaging as the ones before but less philosophical because Lobsang is less important in this story.

I loved it. I just loved it so much. I couldn't put it down. It’s obvious because I can’t think of anything else to say about it.

Happy reading!
Helena


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten