vrijdag 8 januari 2016

My 2016 Reading Goals

Hi

I’ve been thinking about this post for a while. It’s been going around Booktube and I have seen it on several blogs too and that got me thinking. I’m big on planning and I made some sort of goal every year but I’ve never really written it down.
I wanted to keep it small so I made just a few goals.

Last year I started rereading The Wheel of Time, I started and I finished a couple of series and I started reading A Dresden Files and a Discworld novel every other month. Those were my goals for 2015.

So, without further ado, here are my Reading Goals for 2016.


Reread the Harry Potter series

I really, really want to reread the series! It’s been several years and I feel like reading Harry Potter again.


Read a Wheel of Time novel every other month

To make sure I don’t get burned out of enjoying my reread of The Wheel of Time while not forgetting what it’s about because I take too long a pause in between two books in the series; I will read one book every other month.


Read a Dresden Files novel and a Discworld novel every month in between

Same goes for The Dresden Files as for The Wheel of Time. I really love this series so I want to get on with it.
In 2016 I will have finished the Discworld series for the first time ever! I have read and reread the first 20 books before I started my blog but I never got to the end.


Read at least 75 books in 2016

Now, hold your horses, I know (or I’m pretty sure) I will surpass this. I just want to keep my goals really low to keep myself from only reading smaller books. There are some pretty big books on my TBR (Vanity Fair, The Woman in White, The Stand, Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, The Wheel of Time books, The Quincuncx, …) and I want to read those too without feeling like I won’t reach my goal. I don't want to feel like having to read smaller books to be able to reach the number of books I set myself.
I might up this goal by June or July when I see how this one is going.

Have you made some sort of Reading Goal for 2016? If so, what goals and why?

Until next time!
Helena


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten