donderdag 21 april 2016

Isaac Asimov: Second Foundation

Hi everyone


Second Foundation was very captivating and I liked it a lot more than the previous one; Foundation and Empire.

The characters were great. I loved Arcadia, she was so funny, sassy and smart.
The part about Han Pritcher was very interesting. He knows he’s being mind controlled but he can’t help it. And that’s absolutely frightening to be honest. Just imagine knowing that.

The story is better too. There is a lot going on, it’s exciting, very original and there are a few twists I didn’t see coming.
There is one rather important thing I did not understand while reading and that’s the role of The Second Foundation. When did they become the villains? Did I just miss that in a previous book? I can’t remember them being the ‘evil’ ones before.

Asimov’s writing is very easy and fast to read. It’s a small book but a lot happens. I like books that have a more in-depth storyline and characters that are fully fleshed out, but this is real escapism and I enjoyed it.

3 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten