donderdag 28 april 2016

Terry Pratchett: I Shall Wear Midnight

Hi again

This is the 4th Tiffany Aching novel and the 38th Discworld novel.
The cover art fits perfectly into the series and my copy has 423 pages.
You can find my other reviews of Terry Pratchett’s novels here, my Discworld reviews here and my Tiffany Aching reviews here.

 “A man with no eyes. Not eyes at all. Two tunnels in his head …
Somewhere - some time - there’s a tangled ball of evil and spite, of hatred and malice that has woken up.
And it’s waking up all the old stories too - stories about evil old witches …”

I Shall Wear Midnight is a lot darker than the previous Tiffany Aching novels.

Tiffany is a wonderful character. She is smart, ignorant about some topics and wise about others. She’s strong and opinionated. I absolutely love her. She has grown a lot and she has become an amazing woman and witch.
The Nac Mac Feegle are hilarious as ever.
The Cunning Man is an amazing villain. He’s terrifying with his power to turn everyone against someone else. It’s absolutely horrifying.

This book has quite a lot (more or less) hidden meaning or messages. It’s about, prejudice, the role of women in society, gratitude, mass hysteria and finding friends. I appreciate this side of Pratchett’s novels a lot.

Since the very beginning Pratchett has made us aware of the witch and her tasks. There’s no cackling involved, nor stirring in big cauldrons or dancing naked. Instead we have a young girl who’s changing bandages, clipping toenails and burying the dead. But when someone is in need of a true witch, she can be that too.

Loved it.

5 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Homemade rocky road fudge to share.
Book and tea just for me.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten