woensdag 15 juni 2016

Isaac Asimov: Foundation and Earth

Hi

Foundation and Earth is the last novel in the Foundation Series by Isaac Asimov.
I got my copy from Bol and it has 499 pages.
You can find my reviews on all Foundation novels here.

                                *  SPOILERS  *

Foundation and Earth was a disappointing book.

It’s very easy to read because there’s not much going on.
The plot is lazy, boring and very poorly executed. Nothing happens. As in, nothing at all. I could sum up what happens in a few sentences.
They are searching for Earth because for some reason or other they think it will justify the decision Trevize made in the previous book. That doesn’t make sense, does it?
There’s a lot of talking. A whole lot of very repetitive, boring talking.

The characters lack depth; they have a few definable traits and that’s all there is to them. I liked spending so much time with them compared to other characters in the series we see for only a few chapters but they still lack depth. They go on and on about the same things and it really aggravated me.

And what’s with the sex scenes and the breasts in this book? There’s too much mentioning of breasts and very weird, awkward sex scenes especially when compared to his previous books in the series. I don’t really understand why.

I really missed the Seldon Plan in this book. It’s not really part of the plot and I don’t understand why because that was the whole point of the series. Or so I thought at least.
Silly me, apparently.

The only thing that I liked about the book was the search for Earth itself. Learning about the other planets, the people on them and getting closer to our own planet.

And the ending isn’t bad either. It didn’t surprise me but it was a good ending to the series.

I’m not sure why I continued with the series. There wasn’t one book I really loved. They were enjoyable and entertaining. Nothing more.

2 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten