donderdag 4 augustus 2016

Ben Aaronovitch: Moon over Soho

Hi

Moon over Soho is the second book in the Peter Grant series by Ben Aaronovitch.
I borrowed this book from my father and it has 373 pages.
You can find all my Peter Grant reviews here.

This was a really enjoyable, entertaining book. I had a lot of fun reading it.

The book left of right after the first one and I liked that a lot. I didn’t feel like I missed anything that happened to Peter in between two books.
Moon over Soho is very funny but it’s also darker than the previous one.
I love Peter’s approach to magic. He actually conducts scientific experiments to try and understand how magic works. Love that.

The plot itself was predictable though. I won’t go into details to avoid spoilers but it sure wasn’t a surprise twist in the end. And it’s too obviously a setup for the next book.
The two cases were interesting and different enough to make the book fun to read and it had me thinking along how they will be connected (because these things always are).
I like that there’s a true villain but he is too comic-booklike.

I enjoyed it and I’ll definitely read the third book but it didn’t blow me away.

4 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten