donderdag 8 september 2016

Robert Jordan: Winter’s Heart

Hi

This is the ninth book in The Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.
My copy has 633 pages and I got it quite a few years ago, can’t remember where.
You can find all Wheel of Time reviews here.

* SPOILERS! *

Here are a few things I noticed while reading the book.

I am so, so tired of Perrin moping around and moaning about Faile’s capture. I’ve really had it with the whole thing. And I know it’s not going to be solved anytime soon because I hated this whole storyline when I read it the first time. He’s so pathetic! Every time there’s a chapter about them I dread reading it and I have to struggle through to get to something good again. There’s virtually nothing good about those chapters.

Like, Perrin and Faile; Elayne is getting nowhere too. She’s not as boring, she’s just too dumb to live. She, a queen? She’s a stupid, spoilt, little girl.

Aside from those chapters, this book really picks up the pace. We can finally see some things happening and people getting where they should be instead of being underway for books on end. The Last battle is definitely coming closer and the urge, the desperate need for more time shows through in every storyline.

I absolutely loved the last chapter. Using Shadar Logoth was a very smart move. The battle in general is amazing. There are so many points of view, I felt like I was watching a movie instead of reading a book. Loved it.

It would have been very easy to make Mat into a character who gets out of everything by sheer dumb luck. But he’s not. He’s cunning, smart and witty and I liked that. He gets frustrated for good reasons.

I love the Forsaken and I really enjoy reading from their POV. They are all very different and it’s great to get to know them better. I want more of this.

Rand is becoming an absolutely great leader. He schemes and plans though his ideas are but slowly revealed to us. It’s easy to forget how young all of them are and how much they had to go through to be where they at this point. Especially Rand.

There’s a lot of world-building in this book. We learn more about the Seanchan and the Windfinders, we meet many characters (again) and we see a new city.

I enjoyed the book and I’m glad the series is picking up again.

4 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten