woensdag 12 oktober 2016

Ayn Rand: The Fountainhead

Hi again

This is my review for The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
My copy has 670 pages and I got it from my grandfather who was getting rid of it.

 “Architect Howard Roark is as unyielding as the granite he blasts to build with. Defying the conventions of the worlds around him, he embraces a battle over two decades against a double-dealing crew of rivals who will stop at nothing to bring him down. Among them, perhaps the most troublesome of all is the ambitious Dominique Francon, who may just prove to be Roark's equal. This epic story of money, power and a man's struggle to succeed on his own terms is a paean to individualism and humanity's creative potential.”

Bear in mind; I read and reviewed this for the story and not for the philosophy. Because I didn’t love the story I find it very hard to talk about the message Rand wants to convey. And that’s why I won’t do that.

This book was incredibly boring and I did not enjoy reading it.
The writing is dry and pedantic. The characters are very unlikable, one-dimensional and really unrelatable and even though that’s not bad in itself; the story doesn’t make up for those negative points. 

I just couldn’t get into it and I definitely didn’t understand the characters and their motives.
If you want to make a point, write a paper and not a 700-page book.

Sorry.

1 STAR

Happy reading.
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten