dinsdag 25 oktober 2016

Ira Levin: Sliver

Hi

This is my review for Sliver by Ira Levin.
My copy has 198 pages of story and 3 pages Introduction and I got it at the Boekenfestijn.
Sliver isn’t my first Ira Levin so you can find all my Levin reviews here.

 “Kay Norris, a successful single woman of thirty-nine, moves into the posh Carnegie Hill district of Manhattan's Upper East Side, into an apartment in a slender high rise, a "sliver" building. A man watches her. He watches her unpack, watches her make her bed. He owns the building; a shocking secret is concealed within its brick and concrete."

I enjoyed the book. It’s easy to read, straight-forward, intriguing, suspenseful and funny.
The tension builds gradually and shines through every part of the book.

But it is Pulp. So don’t go in expecting decent world-building and character development.
The characters remain very flat throughout the book.
The cat saves the day. A cat. Yeah, that was a disappointment. The ending felt too rushed in general.

It reads fast and it’s entertaining but Sliver isn’t much more than that.

3 STARS

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten