zondag 13 november 2016

Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter: The Long Utopia

Hi everyone

I finished the fourth book in The Long Earth series by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter.
My copy has a gorgeous cover and counts 434 pages. I got it on holiday in Amsterdam.
You can find all reviews in the series here.

                                                *    SPOILERS    *

The Long Utopia wasn’t bad but it wasn’t as engaging and interesting as the previous ones.
There’s one overarching plot and a bunch of family history. The history was a nice addition but it was too big a part of the book. It should have been more of a side plot.

It was enjoyable and entertaining though.
I simply love the worldbuilding and the general idea of this Long Earth. It’s truly fascinating and it made me think and dream.
The characters are great and I love them all and those giant bugs really gave me the absolute creeps.
The ending is so sad it almost made me tear-up.

This book is more grounded than the ones before. There’s less time to explore the worlds and more time to get to know the characters and what’s happening all around.
All in all, I enjoyed it but it was too slow and the real plot was of too little importance.

Happy reading!
Helena

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten